ICCC is a provider of training subsidised by the NSW Government under their Smart and Skilled Program.

Entry Requirements

Entry requirements may relate to things such as:


  • Citizenship/residency status and geographic location of residence.
  • Previous workplace experience.
  • Previous completion of another qualification that is specified as a pre-requisite for a course.
  • Levels of language, literacy and numeracy skills appropriate for successful completion of the coursework and also, for effective performance in the workplace in the specific job-role.
  • Access to a relevant workplace and job-role where the required competencies can be learned and practiced.
  • Access to a computer that has appropriate software and capacity to access learning and assessment materials.
  • Access to an internet connection with sufficient capacity to download course materials (e.g. broadband connection).

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a national student number that allows students to see all of their individual training results from all providers, including all completed training units and qualifications in one space. Each individual account will be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) data collection, meaning you will be able to find, collate and authenticate your VET achievements into a single transcript. It will also ensure that your training records are not lost.


You only need one USI for all of your study, and it stays with you for life. From 1 January 2015 all students studying qualifications are required to register for a Unique Student Identifier before enrolment. This means when you come to ICCC to enrol, you will need one.


Create your USI by visiting: www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi


As a registered training organisation, ICCC is required to collect students’ Unique Student Identifier (USI) numbers and verify them before being allowed to issue students their qualification or statement of attainment. Where students are applying for training subsidised by the NSW Government, a verified USI is required before funding will be approved.


When you create your USI, the account contains personal information, contact details and access to your training records and results (transcript). The USI registry system has been designed to keep this information safe and secure and is only accessed by those organisations listed in the terms and conditions. The USI registry system also allows you to choose which training organisations can see this information and when. The personal information that you provide to the Student Identifiers Registrar is collected, used, and may be disclosed, in accordance with the provisions of the Student Identifiers Act 2014 and the Privacy Act 1988. The Student Identifiers Registrar’s Privacy Policy provides information about the protection of your information, including how you can access and seek correction of your personal information held by the Student Identifiers Registrar and how to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy and how such complaints are handled. The Student Identifiers Registrar’s Privacy Policy can be found at: www.usi.gov.au/documents/privacy-policy


As part of your enrolment process, if you are enrolling in courses where training is subsidised by the NSW Government, you will be asked to provide ICCC with permission to utilise your USI when applying for your training subsidy.

What do I need to pay?

ICCC is a provider of training subsidised by the NSW Government under their Smart and Skilled Program. For more information on Smart and Skilled contact: 1300 772 104 or go to www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au


Your student fee is determined by your eligibility. This is defined by the evidence you provide at the time of enrolment. Therefore, all relevant student evidence is required to ensure that the correct fee is determined at enrolment.

Course Fees

Fees vary according to enrolment type. Please refer to our Course Fees for current information.

Additional Charges

In addition to the Student fee, there may be some additional charges. These may be for essential equipment and other items that become your property, for example, personal protective clothing, replacement text books etc. All course specific fees and charges will be advised prior to your enrolment in your qualification of choice and must be paid prior to the commencement of your course.

Fee and Refund Policy

The ICCC Fee and Refund Policy informs you of your obligations with regard to your student fees and additional costs, and of eligibility requirements for refunds.


Refund of the Student Fee

You may be eligible for a refund of all or part of the student fee in the following circumstances:

  • You have overpaid the student fee.
  • You have paid the full student fee but now receive Youth Allowance or Austudy commencing within two weeks of the date of enrolment.
  • You formally advise ICCC in writing, before scheduled commencement, that you are withdrawing from the course.
  • You formally advise ICCC in writing, after commencement and/or participation, that you are withdrawing from the course. You may be eligible for a partial refund of the Student fee.
  • You have been granted Credit Transfer after enrolment.

Fee exemptions and concessions

Concession fees are available for eligible students studying up to and including Certificate IV who receive a Commonwealth benefit or allowance. Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander learners who live or work in NSW or live in identified border postcodes are exempt from paying the student fee. Learners in receipt of the Disability Support Pension or learners with a disability may also be exempt from the Student fee.


If you are applying for a fee exemption or concession fee, you are required to supply appropriate documentation when you enrol. There are no fee exemptions or concessions for non-subsidised courses.

Fee-Free Scholarships

The NSW Government offers Smart and Skilled Fee-Free Scholarships to help disadvantaged young people access vocational education and training. If you are eligible for a Fee-Free Scholarship at the time of enrolment in your course, you will be exempt from the qualification fee. For further information and to check your eligibility go to www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au/for-students/fee-free-scholarships.


Centrelink delivers Government payments to eligible students. To find out the conditions of eligibility, refer to the Human Services website for Centrelink information: www.humanservices.gov.au


Payments are provided to support people who are studying, training or undertaking an Australian apprenticeship. Income support payments like ABSTUDY, Austudy and Youth Allowance provide financial support while you study or train.


Centrelink also provides payments to help the families and carers of students. Financial support to assist with costs while you finish school, undertake tertiary education, or undertake an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship.


Payments while you are studying, or training include:

  • Youth Allowance (student): Youth Allowance provides financial help for young people who are studying and training full-time, undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship, or looking for work.
  • Austudy Payment: Austudy provides financial help to full-time students and Australian apprentices aged 25 or more.
  • ABSTUDY Payment: for Indigenous students to help with study costs. Provides help with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians who are studying or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship.


Payments for child care costs

The Child Care Benefit helps cover the cost of approved child care, including long day care, family day care, occasional day care, and before and after-school care. The Child Care Rebate is paid in addition to the Child Care Benefit and covers some out-of-pocket child care expenses for those who are working, training or studying. Jobs, Education and Training (JET) Child Care fee assistance provides extra help with the cost of approved child care for eligible parents who are looking for work, studying, training or undertaking rehabilitation to enter, or re-enter the workforce.


Payments for travel expenses

If you are a student and you live away from home in order to study, Fares Allowance helps you cover the cost of travelling between your permanent home and the place where you are studying. The assistance for Isolated Children Scheme helps parents and carers who live in rural and remote areas with the extra costs of educating their children.


Education Entry Payment Available to people receiving specific income-support payments, to help with the cost of study. Student Start-up Scholarship If you are a full-time student undertaking an approved scholarship course and are receiving Youth Allowance, Austudy, or ABSTUDY living allowance, you will receive the Student Start-up Scholarship in two half yearly payments.


Relocation Scholarship

Full-time dependent students in receipt of ABSTUDY living allowance who have to live away from home to undertake higher education may be eligible. For more information visit: www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/relocation-scholarship


Fares Allowance

Only paid to tertiary students who have to live away from their permanent home for study. For more information visit: www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/fares-allowance


 Online services for students

Centrelink has a range of online services available for students. Online services let you do things like:

  • Apply for Youth Allowance or Austudy
  • Report future study intentions
  • View your study details
  • Report parental income Enquiries by Telephone Text (TTY) for people with hearing difficulties – Freecall TM 1800 810 586. A TTY phone (teletypewriter) is required to use this service.


Important: calls from fixed phones from anywhere within Australia to 13 numbers may cost up to 25 cents and calls to 1800 numbers are free of charge to the caller. Calls from payphones and mobile phones to 13 numbers or 1800 numbers may be charged at a higher rate.


Information in languages other than English (Auslan service is also provided) can be provided by phoning 131 202. Centrelink provides many other services. Check their website for further information.


Changes in your circumstances may affect your payments and entitlements. You MUST tell Centrelink within 14 days if any of the following happen:

  • You earned or received any income
  • If you discontinue, defer or modify your study hours
  • Your income details changed
  • Your partner’s income details changed


Financial assistance and advice

As a student, managing your budget can be a challenge. Check out the saving and advice ideas below. Would you like $500? Saver Plus provides an opportunity to have every dollar saved (up to $500) matched with an additional dollar for your own or your family’s education-related expenses.


Follow the link to learn more: thesmithfamily.com.au/what-we-do/our-work/at-home/saver-plus email: [email protected] or phone 1300 610 355. You may be entitled to financial support from Centrelink, visit humanservices.gov.au and click on Centrelink. Even if you are not eligible for an allowance, you may be entitled to a Health Care Card.

Course Results – Testamurs and Transcripts

Testamurs are formal documents showing that you have successfully completed your course. Transcripts are formal documents that show the names and results of all of the units you have enrolled in.


Transcripts and Testamurs are posted to the address registered on your current student record. Your results, including a report to your employer if you are an apprentice or trainee, will be withheld if you have any fees owing. You are able to view your results on the ICCC Student Portal.

Resubmitting an Assessment Task

If you have completed the assessment task within the required assessment dates but are initially assessed as unsatisfactory, you may be entitled to resubmit the assessment event. This only applies to initial attempts or submissions that are considered to be a genuine attempt by the student. Only one re-submission may be granted for each assessment event and will be subject to approval by your trainer.

Repeating a Unit(s) of Competency

If you need to repeat a unit(s) of competency as a result of not achieving competency during the first enrolment period, you may have the option to repeat the unit(s) by re-enrolling and paying a fee for each unit(s) of competency you wish to repeat.

Deferring your study

If you are studying a course subsidised by the NSW Government and wish to defer your studies you need to:

  • Notify your trainer
  • Read thoroughly, then complete and submit an ICCC Notification of Withdrawal/ Deferral of Studies form.


When your application has been processed you will receive a Transcript of results achieved (if any). Any attempted /not completed units within your enrolled qualification will result in a withdrawn (WD) and be your first and funded attempt on this qualification. If you wish to attempt the unit(s) again you will need to pay an additional fee. Students can defer studies for a maximum of up to a 12-month period. If studies are not resumed within the maximum 12-month period you will formally be discontinued from your studies.


As an Australian apprentice or trainee, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the NSW State Government for expenses such as travel and accommodation if you have to travel more than 120 kilometres (round trip) to attend off-the job training courses and a $100 rebate on car registration for first and second year apprentices. For more information about what is available, phone Training Services NSW on 132 811, or visit their website: training.nsw.gov.au/individuals/apprenticeships_traineeships/financial_help.


The Australian Government also supports Australian apprentices through a range of services and various assistance that you may be eligible to receive. Information can be obtained through your employer’s Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) by phoning AASN General Enquiries on 13 38 73, or visiting the website at australianapprenticeships.gov.au/australian-apprenticeship-support-network.


For concession travel on public transport from home to campus and home to work you need to complete a State Rail Authority Apprentice Travel Concession Application Form Please ensure you provide all relevant documentation to complete the enrolment process.

Student Conduct

When you sign your enrolment form and pay your fees you make an agreement with ICCC that you will follow ICCC policies and procedures.


I must:

  • Treat all staff, students and the general public with respect, fairness and courtesy
  • Be punctual and regular in my attendance
  • Submit my assessment tasks by the due date
  • Use protective equipment where required and follow all workplace health and safety (WHS) instructions
  • Report any workplace health, safety or environmental incidents to ICCC staff immediately


I must not:

  • At enrolment, withhold or misinform ICCC of my previous training qualifications in relation to my eligibility for any Smart and Skilled training subsidised by the NSW Government
  • Plagiarise, collude or cheat in any assessment event
  • Illegally copy software licensed to ICCC
  • Install software onto ICCC computers
  • Use offensive language
  • Smoke in any designated non-smoking areas
  • Litter on or around campus
  • Harass fellow students, staff or the general public, either face to face, over the phone or through any social media rights and responsibilities
  • Use any social media such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, mobile phones, pagers or similar devices for personal reasons in class
  • Use cameras or recording devices, including mobile phones, without the consent of the person being photographed or recorded
  • Damage, steal, modify, misuse, waste or pollute ICCC property
  • Be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs in the learning environment
  • Engage in behaviour which may offend, embarrass, threaten or harm other students, staff or the general public – including SMS messaging or any form of cyber bullying


I have the right to:

  • Be treated fairly and with respect by staff and students
  • Learn in an environment free of discrimination and harassment
  • Pursue my educational goals in a supportive and stimulating learning environment
  • Have my ICCC records and personal information stored and maintained in a confidential, secure and professional manner
  • Receive information about assessment procedures and my progress in the course in a timely and professional manner
  • Modify my Individual Learning Plan in consultation with my trainers
  • Present recognition of prior learning (RPL) and credit transfer (CT) at the commencement and within the duration of my studies
  • Defer or discontinue my studies through a formal notification.


As an RTO, we have the responsibility to:

  • Support you in learning, studying, and developing skills in a safe and healthy educational and social environment.
  • Do our best to make sure that you can complete your course at the campus of your choice and in ways that are convenient to you.
  • Make changes to course delivery, timetable and location only if it is in the best interests of all our students or if the advantages of the changes will outweigh any inconveniences
  • Advise you of changes to fees and course delivery
  • Protect the welfare of children and other vulnerable people who may come into contact with our students in the context of workplace components of a course.
  • Ask students (where applicable) to sign a Code of Conduct declaration


As an RTO, we have the right to:

  • Choose to run any course or withdraw it.
  • Alter the fees, times or dates for the whole or any part of a course as needed.

Student Discipline Policy

A student commits a breach of discipline when the student engages in conduct that impairs the reasonable freedom of any person (whether or not a student) to pursue his or her studies, research or work.


The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (“Health Records Privacy Act”) establish safeguards to protect all personal and health information held by NSW Government Agencies. Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies a person. Health information is personal information that relates to person’s health or disability and includes information about the provision of health services to a person.


Both Acts require ICCC to meet requirements of the legislation in relation to collection, access, alteration, storage, use and disclosure of an individual’s information. Individuals who are dissatisfied with the way in which ICCC has dealt with their personal and/or health information may make a suggestion or complaint about the matter.


The Consumer Protection Policy advises ICCC prospective and current customers on their rights and obligations as consumers of ICCC products and services.


ICCC has an obligation to provide:

  • The training and support necessary to allow learners to achieve competency.
  • To provide a quality training and assessment experience for all customers.
  • To provide a clear and accessible feedback and consumer protection process.
  • Maintain procedures for protecting customers’ personal information. Customers therefore can expect that the service they receive before, during and after training/assessment will be of a quality consistent with these requirements.


ICCC is responsible for providing:

  • Accurate information to customers about their services and fees.
  • Information to customers about their rights and responsibilities.
  • A complaints and appeals procedure, and information to customers about how to access this.
  • A dedicated Consumer Protection Officer, and making their contact details readily available.
  • Information to customers about the collection and use of their personal information.
  • Information to customers about how to update their personal information.

Suggestions and Complaints

During your time studying with ICCC, you might have a concern about your course, your teachers, other ICCC staff or ICCC policies and procedures. If you do have a complaint, we recommend you talk to someone as soon as the situation arises. In the first instance we recommend you discuss the situation with the people who are directly involved and give them the opportunity to respond. In most cases, this would be your trainers. If you then feel that your situation or complaint has not been dealt with, you can contact the Consumer Protection Officer on 4956 4333 to investigate the issues you have raised.


Click here to download the Complaints and Suggestions form.


Please email the completed form to [email protected]


International Child Care College is an approved Smart and Skilled provider. This training is subsided by the NSW Government.


Read the ‘Notification of Enrolment Process’ here before opening the below documents.


Please click here for our NSW Smart and Skilled Enrolment Information Booklet.

You must read this booklet prior to completing an Enrolment Pack.


Click here to download our NSW Smart and Skilled Enrolment Pack.

Once you have completed the forms in the Pack, please return to us via email (with all evidence as instructed in the Pack), to the College at [email protected].


Please call the College’s Enrolment officer on 02 4956 4333 if you have any questions relating to enrolment.

Student Handbook

Click here to access the Student Handbook.

Student Support Services

If you experience difficulties that impact on your ability to complete your course requirements while training, please contact your Trainer or our Training Manager. All information disclosed to the College is treated as private and confidential.


External support services are also available to students who require further assistance. Please click here for a list of specialist support services.